Digital Fundraising for a High School Football Team
Dave Knoepfle – Team Fundraising Expert, eTeamSponsor
Author Bio: Dave is Chief Marketing Officer at eTeamSponsor the leading fundraising partner for teams. He has been helping high schools raise money for their football and other teams since 2022.
Read Time: 3 min
High School Football
Fundraising for Football
Easy Football Fundraiser
As a coach of a high school football team, raising funds can be a challenge. From budget gaps to new equipment to travel expenses, the cost of running a successful football program can quickly add up. In a recent survey by Coach & AD Magazine, 83% of High School Athletic Directors said that they faced some sort of budget gap. In that same survey the average gap they needed to cover was large, about 14% of their total budget! Fortunately, digital fundraising and crowdfunding offer a great way to engage your community and raise money for your team. In this blog post, we’ll explore some tips on how to use digital fundraising to raise money for your high school football team.
Table of Contents
eTeamSponsor Fun Fact
According to Coach & AD Magazine, 83% of High School Athletic Directors said that they faced some sort of budget gap in their 2022-23 budget that was filled via fundraising.
Here are our tips for using digital fundraising to support your high school football team:
1. Identify a digital fundraising partner
The first step to launching a digital fundraising campaign is to find a digital fundraising partner. Here are some questions to ask to help you find a company that best fits your needs:
- What does it cost? Most digital fundraising companies operate on a revenue share basis – they keep a % of the funds raised and your football team gets the rest. This percentage ranges from 2.9% + $0.30 a transaction to 40% of funds raised.
- How much time do I have? This range in revenue share percentages above reflects the level of effort and time that will be required from you and your team – from significant time and effort on the low end of the range, to minimal effort at the high end of the range.
- Are there any hidden costs? Some digital fundraising partners charge hidden fees, everything from credit card fees to participation fees (if a certain % of your student-athletes don’t participate in the campaign). Top digital fundraising companies, like eTeamSponsor, pay for credit card processing and never charge hidden fees.
- When do I get my funds? More established digital fundraising companies, like eTeamSponsor, will send you your money quickly, every 30 days or so. Other, less reputable, fundraising companies wait up to five weeks after your campaign is completed before you get your funds.
2. Promote your fundraising campaign
Once you’ve created your fundraising campaign, it’s time to promote it to your community. The top digital fundraising tools, like TeamFunder from eTeamSponsor, will do this automatically by having your student-athletes upload a list of emails and mobile phone numbers of potential donors (typically family and friends). You can amplify this outreach by sharing the link to your fundraising page on your team’s social media accounts and website. Encourage team members, coaches, and parents to share the link on their personal social media accounts as well. You can also reach out to local businesses and community organizations to see if they would be willing to share your fundraising page with their network.
3. Offer Incentives
4. Say Thank You!
Finally, it’s important to thank your donors for their support. The more effective digital fundraising companies, like eTeamSponsor, will make this process easy by automatically sending a thank you (we actually send two, one from us, and another from the student-athlete). If your fundraising partner doesn’t do this for you, be sure to send personalized thank you notes to everyone who donates to your fundraising campaign. You could also create a video message from your team, thanking donors for their support and sharing how their donations will help your team.
In conclusion, digital fundraising offers a powerful way to raise money for your high school football team. By finding the right digital fundraising partner, promoting your campaign, offering incentives, hosting a virtual event, and saying thank you, you can engage your community and raise the funds you need to support your team. If you have interest in learning more about how eTeamSponsor can help you raise 2-4X more for your team, fill out the form below and we will be in touch!
You Might Also Like To Read:
10 Great Team Fundraising Ideas